Home » Posts tagged 'personal injury'
Tag Archives: personal injury
Getting injured as a result of someone else’s recklessness can inconvenience you in so many ways. You may also be forced to spend a lot on treatment. The good thing is you can file a suit against any person who causes such type of harm to you. Commonly referred to as a personal injury case, you can easily get compensated for the medical expenses if you argue your case right. The right person to look for in such a scenario is a personal injury attorney. MG Law is a law firm with the best Atlanta injury attorneys to help you out in such a case. There is a myriad of things you have to know about a personal injury case before filing this type of suit. We will have a look at them in this article.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury law includes a wide range of case types, from facilities liability to defective products. Popular personal injury suits are listed below:
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal injuries/paralysis
- Dog bite injuries
- War wounds
- Nursing home injuries
- Medical negligence
- Wrongful death
- Dangerous products and drugs
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Slip and fall accidents
How to Know the Worth of Your Personal Injuries
The settlement you receive after a personal injury lawsuit can range from several hundred to million-dollar compensation. It all depends on the seriousness of your injuries, the skill level of your legal representation, and a variety of other circumstances. It is helpful to understand the types of damages available in a personal injury claim to get a better idea of how much your claim may be worth.
Compensatory damages are the most common types of damages in personal injury claims. This type compensates the claimant for losses suffered as a result of the injury. These include economic and non-economic damages.
- Medical bills: consisting of past and future bills for continuing care, rehabilitation and physical therapy, or end-of-life care and funeral expenses in wrongful death cases.
- Lost wages: this includes the time you were unable to fend for yourself, job loss directly related to the accident/injury, reduced earning capacity, and partial or total disability resulting in loss of your livelihood.
- Loss of property: including your car and other personal items. You can receive compensation to repair your property, replace it, or refund its fair market value.
They include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: Understandably, coming up with a monetary value of suffering or pain can be hard. Pain and suffering mean the physical and psychological or discomfort you will go through during or after a crash.
- Emotional distress: This includes fear and anxiety experienced during the accident or injury, but also afterward. Many people involved in an accident may have problems with post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, and depression.
- Lack of enjoyment: This includes the inability to participate in daily activities and hobbies due to the injury.
- Loss of consortium: referring to the damaging effects of the injury on the spouse or children of the victim. This includes the loss of parenthood and companionship.
Do I need a personal injury attorney?
When injured, your priority should always be to get the comprehensive medical care you need. Once you have done this, it is recommended that you contact a trusted personal injury attorney to set up a consultation.
First deliberations (usually provided at no fee to you) allow you to have your suit examined by a qualified legal expert. They can let you know whether your claim is viable, help you calculate the number of damages you are owed, and develop a winning case strategy.
One of the things you should consider when looking for a personal injury attorney is experience. Look for someone with the required expertise for the job. An attorney who has represented several clients is the best. You should also consider the number of cases won. The other thing to look into carefully is their legal fees. Do not forget to consider their reputation. With the right attorney, you are guaranteed compensation.
Interesting Related Article: “Why Should You Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?“
MORE IN MARKET BUSINESS NEWS
- Worried About Your Injury Case? Hire a Good Personal Injury AttorneyIf you’re the victim of an accident due to another person’s negligence, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and suffering through a…
- Wrongful Death Claim: What to Take into AccountAccording to the CDC, there were 2,563 deaths caused by accidents in Oklahoma in 2017. These accidents can include a variety of circumstances, but some of them…
Below are some actions you can take to gather a list of legal representatives in your location whom you might pay for. If you […]Variables To Consider When Searching For The Right Personal Injury Lawyer — The Journaling of Lau 362
Based in Tampa, Florida, attorney Christopher “Chris” Limberopoulos emphasizes a knowledgeable approach to auto accident law. Guiding the Florida Law Group, Chris Matthew Limberopoulos has an extensive background in auto product liability and cases involving accidents related to defective parts installed in vehicles. Among those parties that can be held liable for vehicle defects under […]
• Feeling that their offices or cases are out of control.
• Changing familiar procedures.
• Looking foolish by asking certain questions.
• Candidly expressing their thoughts and feelings.
• Giving clients “bad news.”
• Being intimidated by superiors in their firm.
• Asking for favors from their counterparts in a case or being asked for favors by their counterparts.
• Seeming “too nice.”
• Being blamed.
• Speaking in public.
• Lacking skill and confidence due to limited trial experience.
• Clients giving false testimony.
• Failing to locate “the smoking gun.”
• Harming their clients’ interests.
• Being attacked or outsmarted by counterparts.
• Being judged unfairly by potential or actual jurors.
• Being intimidated by judges.
• Suffering reprisals from judicial disqualification motions or reporting judicial misconduct.
• Suffering “the pain, humiliation and shame of defeat.”
It’s not just litigation that can induce fear; negotiation does too. According to John Lande’s research, these are some of lawyers’ top fears about negotiation:
• Insecurity about their negotiation skills or preparation.
• Asking questions.
• Being questioned aggressively by their counterparts.
• Looking foolish.
• Appearing weak.
• Being dominated or exploited by their counterparts.
• Disclosing information that may harm their clients’ position.
• Making tactical errors.
• Incorrectly valuing cases.
• Failing to anticipate possible problems.
• Failing to reach an agreement.
• Not getting a good enough result for clients.
ABA Journal: “How lawyers can turn fear into an ally”
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer San Diego for personal injury lawyers are available 24/7. Call now at (619) 431-3783 for experienced and expert advice from our lawyers. At Personal Injury Lawyer San Diego, our attorney has recovered million for clients for nearly 15 years. Call the Personal Injury Lawyer San Diego office to learn more at (619) 431-3783!
When it comes to motor vehicle accidents, only the lucky and tactful people get justice. If you are in a case where you need to prove that the fault was actually of the other person, there is a need to hire the best Chicago motor vehicle accident lawyer. Keep in mind that the laws are different in each state, and only lawyers, especially the ones who understand the gaps, can use the various rules to your benefit. One such firm that has been offering amazing services in such cases is Law Offices of Scott D. DeSalvo (http://desalvolaw.com). Scott D. DeSalvo is easily among the most trusted car accident lawyer in Chicago, and he has worked on cases where his clients had no hope of proving things. His work is further bettered with a team that knows the laws of the state and works on cases that…
View original post 59 more words