Home » Posts tagged 'Rape'
Tag Archives: Rape
Getting injured as a result of someone else’s recklessness can inconvenience you in so many ways. You may also be forced to spend a lot on treatment. The good thing is you can file a suit against any person who causes such type of harm to you. Commonly referred to as a personal injury case, you can easily get compensated for the medical expenses if you argue your case right. The right person to look for in such a scenario is a personal injury attorney. MG Law is a law firm with the best Atlanta injury attorneys to help you out in such a case. There is a myriad of things you have to know about a personal injury case before filing this type of suit. We will have a look at them in this article.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury law includes a wide range of case types, from facilities liability to defective products. Popular personal injury suits are listed below:
- Brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal injuries/paralysis
- Dog bite injuries
- War wounds
- Nursing home injuries
- Medical negligence
- Wrongful death
- Dangerous products and drugs
- Car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle crashes
- Slip and fall accidents
How to Know the Worth of Your Personal Injuries
The settlement you receive after a personal injury lawsuit can range from several hundred to million-dollar compensation. It all depends on the seriousness of your injuries, the skill level of your legal representation, and a variety of other circumstances. It is helpful to understand the types of damages available in a personal injury claim to get a better idea of how much your claim may be worth.
Compensatory damages are the most common types of damages in personal injury claims. This type compensates the claimant for losses suffered as a result of the injury. These include economic and non-economic damages.
- Medical bills: consisting of past and future bills for continuing care, rehabilitation and physical therapy, or end-of-life care and funeral expenses in wrongful death cases.
- Lost wages: this includes the time you were unable to fend for yourself, job loss directly related to the accident/injury, reduced earning capacity, and partial or total disability resulting in loss of your livelihood.
- Loss of property: including your car and other personal items. You can receive compensation to repair your property, replace it, or refund its fair market value.
They include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering: Understandably, coming up with a monetary value of suffering or pain can be hard. Pain and suffering mean the physical and psychological or discomfort you will go through during or after a crash.
- Emotional distress: This includes fear and anxiety experienced during the accident or injury, but also afterward. Many people involved in an accident may have problems with post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, and depression.
- Lack of enjoyment: This includes the inability to participate in daily activities and hobbies due to the injury.
- Loss of consortium: referring to the damaging effects of the injury on the spouse or children of the victim. This includes the loss of parenthood and companionship.
Do I need a personal injury attorney?
When injured, your priority should always be to get the comprehensive medical care you need. Once you have done this, it is recommended that you contact a trusted personal injury attorney to set up a consultation.
First deliberations (usually provided at no fee to you) allow you to have your suit examined by a qualified legal expert. They can let you know whether your claim is viable, help you calculate the number of damages you are owed, and develop a winning case strategy.
One of the things you should consider when looking for a personal injury attorney is experience. Look for someone with the required expertise for the job. An attorney who has represented several clients is the best. You should also consider the number of cases won. The other thing to look into carefully is their legal fees. Do not forget to consider their reputation. With the right attorney, you are guaranteed compensation.
Interesting Related Article: “Why Should You Hire A Personal Injury Attorney?“
MORE IN MARKET BUSINESS NEWS
- Worried About Your Injury Case? Hire a Good Personal Injury AttorneyIf you’re the victim of an accident due to another person’s negligence, you may be able to collect compensation for your injuries and suffering through a…
- Wrongful Death Claim: What to Take into AccountAccording to the CDC, there were 2,563 deaths caused by accidents in Oklahoma in 2017. These accidents can include a variety of circumstances, but some of them…
Below are some actions you can take to gather a list of legal representatives in your location whom you might pay for. If you […]Variables To Consider When Searching For The Right Personal Injury Lawyer — The Journaling of Lau 362
Exploring the definition of “gang rape” and the process of filing a gang rape lawsuit this week. There is no statute of limitations on filing a “gang rape” lawsuit via Title IV.
Gang rape, also called serial gang rape, group rape, or multiple perpetrator rape in scholarly literature, is the rape of a single victim by two or more violators (typically at least three). Gang rapes are forged on shared identity of the same religion or race.
Gang rapes often involve two or more men as perpetrators. These rapes have characteristics beyond those found in rape by individuals; for example, gang rapists tend to be younger and serial in their crimes, the gang is more often under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Gang rapes are more violent; the sexual and non-sexual injuries to the victim are often far more severe. The gang members typically dehumanize their target victim(s) before and during the rape. Everywhere there is a tendency to blame the victim; ho…
Related: Gang rape lawsuit settled
I think the romance of dating was ruined by the internet. I’ve given up on it for several reasons but mostly because I met too many crazy and/or incompatible people there. Maybe the matching logarithm was skewed on purpose, just to frustrate us. Keeping compatible people apart could be profitable; keep everyone mismatched so they […]
In a just-filed motion for dismissal, the disgraced comedian’s lawyers are arguing that because of his race, he won’t receive a fair trial.
Just when you thought it was done, the accusations against Bill Cosby keep coming. Two additional women have accused the 77-year-old comedian of drugging them decades ago when they worked as young models.
Linda Brown and Lise-Lotte Lublin voiced their claims on Thursday at the office of attorney Gloria Allred in Los Angeles. It was made known that the allegations were brought forward too late for them to take any legal action against Cosby.
Brown said she met the star in 1969 in Canada and went to his hotel room where he allegedly gave her a soft drink that caused her to black out. She said when she woke up, she was naked in bed with him.
“I couldn’t move or speak. I felt paralyzed, he flipped me over and sexually assaulted me,” Brown claimed. “I felt like a rag doll and like a real-life blow-up doll for him.”
View original post 108 more words